Casino Drinks - the best (mixed) drinks for winners
"Drink ... it's a great human tradition." It's one of my favorite quotes from the 2002 Interstate 60 movie. Okay, but what's the point of a casino drink mail? Well, here are three hypothetical scenarios. This is your first time entering a traditional casino and you are not sure what to order. You are visiting a new place, not your usual one. You're just curious about what others are ordering while they're playing. No matter which situation best applies to your own, this post will be interesting read. Well, if you want to play without leaving your home, then we have compiled a list of the best online casinos here.
What NOT to drink at the casino table
It really comes down to what your intentions are. If you're in the casino for fun and don't really care about the money you're spending, there is nothing wrong with indulging in too much of whatever your heart desires. Anything works as long as you finally manage to get to the taxi and tell the driver where you want to go. However, if you think it would be nice to play a brain stimulating game like blackjack and you would like to go home with all your money and hopefully multiply it, then drinking alcohol is probably not a good idea.
A wise person would likely refrain from drinking alcohol at all. That's fine as water, tea, and coffee are options and are usually free. While drinking seems like a good idea, you should probably stay away from liquor, as it has a tendency to be quick to stimulate fooling yourself. Vodka or whiskey on the rocks seem cool, but imagine drinking a few and then trying to make an important decision. Better stick to the low alcohol cocktails that we turn to now.
What to drink while playing
Can't imagine sitting at a casino table for hours without a drink in hand? Don't think coffee goes with your glamorous clothes or with that particular hour? Well you can have your cake and eat it. Uh, I mean you can have a drink and not get drunk. A great way to have fun without overdoing it is by ordering a cocktail. Cocktails have all the glamor of a casino setting and the flavor of alcohol, but they are not so heavily loaded that they have a negative effect. If you don't mind the extra calories, you're going to have a great time with mixed drinks.
Starting with simple two-ingredient drinks like Rum & Cola, Gin & Tonic, Vodka & Red Bull, to more complicated recipes that may not be found in every casino like Sex on the Beach, Blue Lagoon or White Russian. Of course, some cocktails are more likely to be served everywhere than others, but there is a way to also create a cocktail that wasn't previously available before magically showing up. We'll tell you all about it in our specific tips section.
Tips on how to choose the best drink
It is illegal to drink and drive, but drinking and gambling is perfectly acceptable. And to make this experience even better, we've compiled a list of our best tips. This is some general useful information about how and what you can order at the traditional casinos and how you can have a better chance of getting what you want and also how you can get more of it.
- In all likelihood, you want a mixed drink, not a botched drink, so play it safe and order a simple two-ingredient drink like whiskey & cola or gin & tonic
- If you like it simple and prefer not to have extensive discussions, order beer.
- You may be a vodka person, but is it wise to sip your favorite liquor all at once while trying to make the best decision at a blackjack table? Why not stick with lighter drinks instead?
- If you usually order a wine spritzer but are now tempted to adjust and order a colorful, umbrella-decorated alcoholic drink like the people at your table, this is probably not a good idea. Would you try something new that you have no idea how it will affect you if you tried to take care of your wads of banknotes?
- If you've made up your mind to order a cocktail, why not try a house style drink? If you write your name on it there is a good chance it will be good, possibly the best there is in this place.
- If you're not a big drinker but don't want to miss this fun part of the casino visit, opt for something lighter like a chocolate martini or a piña colada. These will give you a fresh, uplifting feeling without causing the room to rotate.
- Reach for the stars. If you ask about vodka and cranberry juice, you will likely get the cheapest alcohol. However, if you ask for gray goose and cranberry juice, the cocktail waitress may surprise you by bringing you exactly what you ordered.
- Don't expect your cocktail to be as elaborate as the one at the cocktail bar. There's a reason they'd charge you a substantial sum of money for the latter. So play it safe and stick with 2-ingredient cocktails or visit the bar.
- Be ready with a second choice in case the waiter can't offer your first.
- If you like something that hits you but it's early in the morning, try an Irish coffee. It could be exactly what you need.
The most popular casino cocktails
Now that we've shared our expert opinion on drinking and gambling, we're going to give you an overview of the most popular cocktails among casino goers. We're not going to comment on whether or not these are appropriate - you should be able to make that judgment for yourself. We'll just show you which of these cocktails use gorgeous images. Is your mouth watering yet?